the Moats

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can hike here in New England and be transported to a much more exotic volcanic terrain.

What your people call exotic, mine call slippery! There were several sections of flat slab with a tiny moss or lichen on them, which when wet, as it was when we were there, was like Teflon. We were forced to the trees and scrub on the sides of these sections, it was impossible to take a single step. Reminiscent of the rock of the Coe Slide & the alternating open areas and trees of Welch.

I forget exactly where, I think it was the south side of South.

Slippery when wet.

Yes, Michael. I did spent a summer doing fieldwork on the Moats. After a few tough falls, I decided to stay home on wet and rainy days. You don't even need moss etc. The terrain is steep and the rocks are slippery..ouch.:eek:

Patrick,

I really like the way you weave your story through so few words and allow the photos do the talking. Their content and arrangement are such that there is a pleasant continuity from one photo to the next. We get to see the overall scenes as well as the stuff that is up close and personal. A pet peeve of mine is seeing 14 photos of "this is me in front of the ninth trail sign or this is Jane with Cannon Mtn behind" with all the models stiffly posed as if they're getting their photo ID done at the Motor Vehicle Registry. (I'm not singling anyone out in particular on this. It's just a general comment and I apologize if I have offended anyone. Oh, what the hell, I've dug a deep enough hole I might as well stay down here.) Anyway, I really really like the way your photos of Becca appear natural and unposed and really add to the story line. Particularly the one where she was "patiently" waiting for you. That was great. But I babble too much. Nice work. Keep 'em coming. I look forward to seeing every one.

JohnL
ps; the Four Boots is a great shot!