The Moose: 6-21-08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LenDawg

Reaction score
On Saturday, Maggie and I were able to get out of Southern Connecticut and head north to what is one of my favorite hikes: Mt. Moosilauke. We started up the Gorge Brook Trail from Moosilauke Hike in slight overcast which slowly increased as the day went on. The temperatures were comfortable.

We made good time to the summit, passing by the beautiful summit garden below the summit cone to the peak, which had several other hikers. The sky cleared and the sun came back out as we enjoyed a nice lunch of sandwiches, cheese and crackers, and Pringles. We headed across the AT to the south peak where I decided to pull out my Moose Hat for a picture on the Moose :p .

We headed down the Moosilauke Carriage Trail and into a continuous cloud of black flies who harassed us all the way to the turnoff for the Snapper Trail. We took the Snapper Trail back out and to the hut, which was closed for a wedding (we thought to warn them not to do it, but thought better of it :rolleyes: ).

We had a fun time, despite the nasty bugs on the way down. Congratulations to Maggie for her first 4K. Her first comment back in the car (after ‘close the doors and don’t let any of those flies in’) was which mountain are we trying next! :D

PICS:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesh...5550_569296058208&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Last edited:
Nice photos! Congrats to Maggie on her first 4k....so does this mean we'll get to hike with you again????

Hope to see you two on the trails!

-MEB