The perfect way to finish Saturdays outdoor activities

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panama Jack

Reaction score
As many of you probably DONT know, I am on the Board of Directors for Team Sherpa, the organization responsible for the first ever film about bagging the 48 in New Hampshire.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you all to the Premier on Saturday. Sherpa John has certainly provided you with plenty of information on dates times and places.

I am fortunate to have seen the film. In fact since receiving our copy it has played many times at our home. The opportunity to show my friends and family what exactly I'm doing out there, what the history is and why I am doing it is one I am extremely grateful for.

We have talked about and advertised the film in a great many places. But, the place that means the most to John and the entire team is right here at VFTT. You folks are good people, funny people, and above all knowledgeable and intelligent. I myself am humbled whenever the words "I agree with PJ" appear anywhere here, not that it happens all that much mind you! :rolleyes:

Diabetes is a sinister disease that attacks the body in many many different ways. Together we can all make a difference.

Therefore, I encourage all of you to come and see the film on Saturday. Admission is free, and as SherpaKroto requested, we will have a section for stinky winter hikers fresh off the trail, the front row! After all,these are our guests of honor.

With respect and thanksgiving, I remain,

Yours in the woods,

Chris Doremus
Board of Directors,
Team Sherpa

Last edited:
Panama Jack said:
... we will have a section for stinky winter hikers fresh off the trail, the front row! After all,these are our guests of honor...
So I guess you will now have the sights, sounds, and smells of hiking the 48!

With all due respect, I'd put Sarah, and all who live each day with diabetes in the most respected chair. The strength and courage they show in dealing with this disease makes them the true guests of honor. And your Team Sherpa gets a big honorable mention :) I'll see you tomorrow - might be a bit late, but I'll be there as soon as I can (with quite a few others from Seema's 48 hike)

Times

Doors open at 6:30pm

Film starts at 7:30pm and runs 52 minutes long.

Free stuff!!
We are very greatful to EMS in Salem, NH and Mike Dickerman w/Bondcliff books for providing us with great raffle items. They include G.C's for $15 rentals at EMS and various white mountain litrature. Everyone who comes through the door gets a raffle ticket. In giving to you we'll hope ti encourages you to give to us. ;)

Thanks PJ.. I agree..(hehe) what a great way to end the day.
Thanks Sherpa K.. my big bro.. for routing us on!

For those who need directions. Once again you can visit the following Link.
http://homepage.mac.com/gr8stnface/Personal8.html

For thse who cannot make it but wish to purchase a DVD copy or make a donation to our cause, or for more info on who we are. Please visit:
www.48movie.com

See you folks there!

PS.. Thanks to Kevin Rooney, even Brutus made the final cut! :D

Sherp & Sherp,

Is there any room in the smelly hikers section for a couple smelly downhill skiers? We'll try to look like hikers, too, I promise.

Hello,

Charlie and I promised to go to his daughter's school concert Saturday night (she is also working on her 48 list!), so we will sadly miss the show. We will try to catch the movie when it plays at another location.. or when/if it gets picked up for the Banff Mountain Film Festival tour....right?!!

It was such a pleasure to meet SherpaJohn and Sarah at the Gathering. Good luck with the big night!

p.s. Spoiler: there is a picture of me in the movie with "Pops" :D

Mad Townie... theres room for everyone! Come on down. We have non-outdoorsy people coming as well!

Blue.. I;d be honored to perhaps swing by and give you folks a private showing seeing as we live in the same town and all.

Sherpa John :eek:

Just received my copy of "48" on DVD Friday. I'll be viewing it Saturday evening at my own outdoor-themed Film Fest, with friends. Review to follow...

48 - A Great Success

I just returned from the film premier. The film was very well done and the evening was very well organized with guest speakers and door prizes.

This was for an important cause and I think it was a great success. Many people donated time, prizes, money, and we learned that an anonymous "Mr. X" made extra substantial contributions.

John, you are a class act and I wish you all the best in your fund raising efforts and your future hiking goals.

My office mate is type one Diabetic and he is thrilled with what you are doing.

:)

George

Last edited: