The Wildcats and Carters Provide the Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtruman

Reaction score
We had an incredible two day hike over the Wildcats and Carters with a stay at Carter Notch Hut on Monday and Tuesday. It was a great trip and we 'notched' 5 more peaks to bring us close to the end of our 48. To find out the significance of the title (and check out the amazing views) you're going to have to read the blog post...

http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/wildcats-and-carters-provide-answer-to.html

Just a sneak peak..

Mt Washington over Lost Pond
IMG_3155.JPG

Carter Dome over the Ramparts from Carter Notch
IMG_3286.JPG

Upper Carter Lake
IMG_3264.JPG

Your report and pictures are awesome...they take us on the adventure with you :) A full bottle of wine...I don't think Gillian would even lug that up and she loves red wine.

You weren't kidding about the haze, I've never seen it that bad before. It's almost like a foggy morning at the beach.

Hmmm...my #42 was a solo hike of Whiteface on a gorgeous autumn day.

Zealand was #42 for me ;)
Tim

Well of course you'd know the answer ;)

Your report and pictures are awesome...they take us on the adventure with you :) A full bottle of wine...I don't think Gillian would even lug that up and she loves red wine.

You weren't kidding about the haze, I've never seen it that bad before. It's almost like a foggy morning at the beach.

Hmmm...my #42 was a solo hike of Whiteface on a gorgeous autumn day.

Thanks Kim. I think the wine was well worth the effort (particularly since Nat carried it) :rolleyes:

I like the sound of your #42. Any 4K peak on a gorgeous autumn day is pretty hard to beat

Great pics and story. It looks like I'll be doing those mountains next month! :)

Thanks Scotzman. Hope you have as good a time as we did!

Did you bring your towel? I did, Zealand was very wet that day. I ran into erugs on the Twinway - there was still hail on the trail from the previous day.
Tim

Of course we packed our towels. And the towels that we packed were in fact pack towels. We found them to be massively useful. Had we not had our pack towels, this one would have been a great substitute.

dontpanic_towel.jpg

Attachments

• dontpanic_towel.jpg
    dontpanic_towel.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 63
Nice TR, heading to hut tomorrow & hopefully knocking off a couple of the summer peaks I have left, CD & SC. It will be my 2nd trip for both in June but that was Spring. Anyone else going tomorrow night, bring ear plugs. :(:eek: (the sleep study is Monday...)

42 = 1st Time Waumbek
42 = round 2 West Bond
42 = Solo Madison

Last edited:
You've put a nice Dent in your 4k list, Arthur.

Great photos.