Tincture of Benzoin?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillK

Reaction score
I live in the Southern NH area. (Merrimack) Does anyone know where I can locate some tincture of benzoin? I've used it in the past (came with my first-aid kit) to adhere moleskin to my feet and it worked perfectly. If I recall correctly, I don't think your typical pharmacy such as CVS or Rite Aid carry it.

Thanks,
- Bill

Bill,
Although most pharmacies do not carry it, It can be special ordered through their secondary supplier. Go to the pharmacy counter and speak to the pharmacist. Ususally they can get it next business weekday, Meaning if your order it Friday you can get it sometime Monday.
WSC

I have got it through a Wal-Greens before. Besides is adhesive features, it works great when applied directly to heels & fingertips to "toughen them up".

I'm trying to get Josh Beckett to use it. :)

BillK - if you wear a liner sock and are interested in an alternative, here's one:

I put moleskin right on my liner sock, over where the sensitive area is. It adheres to it much better than directly on my foot. It will stay on the sock through several washings. IMHO, it works just as effectively as putting it directly on my foot.

Regards,
Marty

dug said:
Besides is adhesive features, it works great when applied directly to heels & fingertips to "toughen them up".

How exactly would you use it for this purpose? I haven't used any for a long time, but IIRC it left a sticky mess. I'm having a real problem with heels and "pinky" toes with my new Limmers (even after putting 100 miles on them this spring) and any help would be appreciated.
Harry

Thanks everyone. The only place I was able to locate it was Wingate Pharmacy in downtown Nashua. They had two 2oz. bottles in stock. I also asked Walgreens to order me a large 473ml bottle. I tried REI and Rite Aid but neither had it in stock.

- Bill

peakn said:
How exactly would you use it for this purpose? I haven't used any for a long time, but IIRC it left a sticky mess. I'm having a real problem with heels and "pinky" toes with my new Limmers (even after putting 100 miles on them this spring) and any help would be appreciated.
Harry

It's more of a liquid, and I just applied it with a cotton ball or a Q-Tip. It does get the area sticky, but don't put a sock over it for a while. When you do put something over it, yes, you will get some fibers stuck to it. It helps to create a magical eighth-layer of skin.