took the nieces to zeacliff

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikerfast

Reaction score
My brother and I left the alexandria hilton, with allison(15) and emily(almost 12) in tow, picked up buddy Paul from waterville exit, and headed up to crawford notch. Mt. Pierce was in the clouds, so I suggested zealand falls and zeacliff. Nice walk in, they loved the hut, first time for them. We hung out there having a lazy lunch, and headed up to zeacliff. The girls were slow and steady, but maybe 15 minutes from the top Emily had had enough, and Bill headed down with her. Paul and Allison and I got to zeacliff, and marvelled in the view. They were amazed to be 8 miles out from 302, and see the long way down, and the incredible view with no roads or buildings. It started sprinkling, so we headed out, took in the view that looks towards the bonds and twins, then headed down back to the hut. It started really pouring cats and dogs and we hung out for maybe half an hour. I pulled 4 ponchos out of my pack and we all donned them and walked out the trail and back to the car. Was a late day, enjoyed by all, and they want to do some more hiking. I guess we got a little bit of everything on that trip. Paul loved his poncho, he said it was like wearing a shower curtain. After looking at him, I can't disagree. Always time for a fashion statement. Of COURSE at zeacliff I realized I had left the camera in Bill's pack, so no zeacliff shots, but
If I did it right, pics are here
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/559859208AxIYCA