Trying to Get Ready!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
trying to get ready

Hi Mike, Nice job as usual with the trip report. I'm sure you will have no trouble with your hikes up this way.

Nice hikes down in the Mid Atlantic. :) That storm you got last week was a doozy, wasn't it? Did you hear any thunder with it? Where are you going when you come north?

Hey guys,

Looks like some great Snowshoeing down there. Really reminds me of the area I live around up here (seacoast region in NH). Great pics of deer tracks and tree buds. I love finding small things like this.

Thanks for sharing!
Karl

Going North

Yes, we did see lightning and heard thunder:eek:; quite the show.
We will be coming up 2/11-2/14 on the Franconia side and on the Jackson side from 2/15-2/18.
The people down here do not respect the hiking trail in that they bare boot creating post holes all over the trail.:mad: We try and fine "virgin" snow since our snowshoes were made for floatation. Powerlines and bushwacking seem the best option.
Mike

Loved the trip report and photos. The historic buildings and structures added so much. My favorite photo was the one with the birds in V formation. I think you were kidding about the deer. I saw a deer, but it looked like part of the branches of the tree(s).

Thanks so much to all who took a look and to all replied.

SKIP: With all the snow you have been accumulating the past 2 weeks, it should be fantastic hiking. Ready or Not - Hear We Come.

KARL: I would agree that the little things in the woods can be as great as the views. And it is so nice to be able to go out into the woods and still be fairly close to home.

RICK: Great job spotting the deer. They sure know how to protect themselves in the woods.

ELLEN: It is always nice to find an added attraction to our hikes. An honestly, there was a deer in the picture in the first slideshow. The deer was obvious in the Oregon Ridge slideshow (one in a herd of 20 that ran across the slope).

Donna:)

honestly, there was a deer in the picture in the first slideshow. Donna:)

Okay, I took the challenge and went back to look again. I found it! Now, if you look up the big tree trunk, look closely and you might see a fox face. V-shaped ears, two beedy eyes, a white dot for a nose. See it? In the air next to it is another fox face. (The picture reminds me of a kids activity book where you look to find the missing objects.) :p