Tuesday 2/7/12 - Tecumseh, Hale, Waumbek?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobC

Reaction score
Looking to get back in shape after a year off from hiking 4Ks, so I'm taking a day off on Tuesday and will be hiking either Tecumseh, Hale, or Waumbek. I was never a fast hiker, but a year's worth of almost no hiking at all has slowed me down even more. However, I hiked Passaconaway on 1/28, and did ok, just wasn't very fast.

Start time will depend on which hike I choose; I'll probably pick Tecumseh if I'm alone.

I'm also taking Tuesday, 2/21 off to hike one of the above-listed peaks.

Not quite as exciting as BIGEarl's Bonds trip this weekend, but if you're looking to knock off a less-exciting 4K from your winter list, and want some company, let me know. :)

p.s. I've hiked all of the 4Ks, and have done 20 of them in winter, in case anyone cares to know about my hiking experience before deciding to join me.

Last edited:
Hiking Waumbek with Whichway tomorrow, start time of 9:30. If interested, send me a PM.

Make sure you hike the extra 100 feet(plus or minus) to the new viewpoint. If its a clear day its a nice one for a formerly viewless summit

Thanks for the tip, Dennis...will do!

The last (and only) time I did this hike was with you and Nilsa, in April 2008. ;)

Did the Mt Tecumseh trail look like it would be ok to skin up with skis? Might do a dawn patrol up there tommorow AM

Yes, I don't think you'd have any problems, it was very well packed-out except after taking a right at the fork near the summit.