Vacation in Vancouver BC 06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AThiker

Reaction score
Planning a vacation to this area next summer. I am an avid hiker however my wife is not so avid. Finally talked her into going. Plan to basecamp at a reasonable hotel or resort close to the mountains and dayhike various areas. Thinking July or August. Any recommendations on areas, accomodations and intermediate trails as I am not familiar with the area.
Ken

BC playground

Used to take my wife to Whistler/Blackcomb to stay in luxury while I hiked in Garibaldi National Park. Best of both worlds for both of you. All my hikes were day hikes. I even did Black Tusk from the highway two days in succession. There are many luxury hotels there as well as quite a few really nice B&Bs. My favorite is:

CHALET LUISE B&B INN
Phone: (604)932-4187 Fax: (604)938-1531
Toll Free: (800)665-1998

Nice Swiss family. We stayed with them summer and winter over the years.

Have fun. It's a beautiful drive up from Vancouver.

You might want to look at Strathcona Park Lodge in Strathcona Provincial Park on Vancouver Island. It would require a bit more travel time to get there. My wife and I used to go to Vancouver Island when we lived in Seattle; it's one of the few places that satisfies all of our mutual and individual needs.

The BC provincial parks generally are terrific, whichever one you visit.

You really could stay at many, many places. Vancouver has plenty of non-hiking options for those so inclined and is a beautiful city. Going up the Sea-to-Sky Highway, there are options for lodging in Squamish, Whistler, and Pemberton. Whistler would have the most non-hiking activities. Depending on your budget, there is everything from cheap mom-and-pop places to 5-star resorts (in Whistler and Vancouver).
If you have some specifics, let me know and I can suggest some lodging.