VFTT Maine Beer night

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Townie

Reaction score
OK, the people have spoken, and the Great Lost Bear got enough votes even to override a veto or end a filibuster. So this is the drill:

Thursday

November 3rd

From 6 p.m. to ????

Great Lost Bear, Forest Avenue (around #525 or so)

Portland

Come one and all!

Reactions: MEB
Yup...see ya all there! Thanks Mad Townie for orgainizing this! Should be a real fun time.

-ME

I'll be there in spirit. Have fun! Someone drink a pumpkin ale for me :)

btw, the GLB has a really cool beer sampler. You pick 6-8 beers and they bring you a 2-3 ounce glass of each on a special serving platter.
The philly cheese steak sub is very good too.

Awwwww, I wish I lived closer. Take pictures.

I plan on being there. It will be nice to meet everyone that shows up! I think I'll change my avatar so I'm somewhat recognizable.

spencer said:
Would it be crazy to drive 2 hours each way to join you all for a beer or several?

spencer

Not at all. I'm thinking of doing the same!

:)

Hey, if I can go to a VFTT beer night in Somerville, there's no reason why folks from Boston or even Orono can't join us. But Spencer, won't that 2 hours require kind of a heavy foot? ;)

Hooray, beer!

Six confirmed and two maybes?

Confirmed: Mad Townie, MEB, Yam, luv2hike, injektilo and myself
Maybe: Spencer, George Fitch

Just for the record, I'm crazy enough to do it, but I don't think I can this week...
:)

Last edited:
95% in.

Ummm... having not met anyone (although I've seen some of you in pics), are we going to have a table under a certain name or get a certain table?

How about we try out the secret code and reserve the table under Alligator Eggs?? :D :D

Hey Dr Wu, you mentioned before you might make the trek up for this event....are ya coming??

-MEB

Let's all just head for the back of the bar section--there's a good sized table back there. I doubt if they take bar reservations, and we shouldn't really need one.

So head to the back around 6 p.m. tomorrow (Thursday) and look for people who look like hikers (and one idiot in a dark suit, white shirt and tie :eek: :D ), and you will have found the right place.

Oh, and MichaelJ, you're right: anyone who hangs around with a bunch of Mainers has to be crazy! Too bad you can't make it.

You know, you folks from NH are welcome, too. After all, we drive to your state all the time. :rolleyes:

I had this on my calendar, was looking forward to going, but now I have a work-related event I must attend..... :(

Have a couple of beers for me!!

LittleBear said:
I had this on my calendar, was looking forward to going, but now I have a work-related event I must attend..... :(

Have a couple of beers for me!!

I also have a work related event and am only 50-50... bummer. If I don't make it, someone have a Casco Bay Riptide for me! :D