VFTT'ers Wandering Through the White Mountains

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Periwinkle

Reaction score
I just picked up a copy of Steve Smith's new book Wandering Through the White Mountains. I saw it at Pinkham, but had to make a point to stop in at Mountain Wanderer Bookstore in Lincoln and buy it from Steve himself (complete with personal signing :))!

I've just started browsing it, but have seen mention of our own Cave Dog, Tim Seaver, Stinkyfeet & Frodo. And my personal hero, Brutus! Way to go VFTT'ers! I was also thrilled to note that the "www.obsessivehiker.com" chapter was NOT a vieled reference to Views from the Top! :D

I'd add this to the summer reading list. If for nothing else, it's answered the question of "so wadda ya gonna do when ya finish hiking the 4's?". I think I'm going to hike to all the "All Star Viewpoints" I haven't seen yet. There's a mission I can look foward to!

Steve does lurk on this site. I always enjoy popping into his shop and asking him about Frodo or Stinkyfeet's latest adventure. He's a nice guy. Nice to see that the accomplishments of VFTTers have made it into print.

Perhaps we could come up with our own chapters, like:
-Yes, I am The Dave Metsky
-Who is Mr. X
-Sherpak and His Angels
-Harryk: Goldmember, Hiker and Canadian, eh?

:)

We could work on it at the gathering in September. Thanks for the heads up. I have not stopped in that bookstore before, now I will stop and buy the book.

I agree on visiting those peaks where there should be a VFTT but I didn't get one. There are also some that I just would like to do again even though I did get a VFTT.

Views and Brews hikes

No whacks, the hikes are actually pretty easy. There were several goals in mind with getting this started:

1) trying to get spouses, significant others, friends, etc. interested in hiking. Maybe if they know there is a beer as a reward they will give it a shot.

2) some folks have injuries or ailments that prevent them from doing tougher hikes so this gives them a list they can do

3) try to get people to get together after a hike and promote the social aspect of hiking

4) and just that we like hiking and good beer!