VT this weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherry

Reaction score
I'm going to VT and hiking Mansfield, Camel's Hump, Ellen, & Abraham. Friday might be rainy/cloudy & Sat nice. Which ones have the better views so I can plan on those for Sat?

They all have fantastic views. I think I would do Camel's Hump Saturday because that's more central - so you will readily see Mansfield and Ellen/Abraham plus the Adirondacks, plus over to the Whites if it's a clear day. You can't go wrong with Camel's Hump. But they are all excellent views.

Normally I love the answer that they all have great views just not this time. I'll just have to make sure to come back in the fall:)

Mansfield is the longest above tree line. Abraham is just the last few hundred linear feet. Ellen's summit is treed, but there are views near by. Camel's hump also has 360 views.

I recommend Mansfield for Saturday. I recommend the western side and include the Sunset Ridge and Maple Ridge trails in a loop. When wet, I find Green mountain rock more slippery then Adirondack or White Mountain rock, so watch your step. I have no idea why, just an empirical observation I have made a few times from the sitting position.

Weather was great but didn't get to Camel's Hump. Next time.