W Quarry, Anna, Mack, Klem and Rand (Belknap)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HockeyPuck

Reaction score
9/Aug/08

Parked at the end of Glidden Rd and hiked the overgrown skidder path to the col between Rand Mt and West Quarry. Followed the Quarry trail past the old quarry site and to the top of West Quarry Mt.

I was hoping to find a trail over to Mt Anna but ended up bushwacking directly South off the West Quarry summit. I followed a chest high fern / pricker filled logging road for a short distance then decided to parallel the fern filled prickers when I encountered faded surveyors tape and a poorly defined trail that led to the Anna / Straightback link and the Anna Summit.

From Anna is was smooth sailing along the overgrown Red trail to the radio tower on Mt Mack and over to Mt Klem. I almost missed the summit spur path then I bushwhacked the few hundered yards back to the trail.

Followed the Quarry trail over Rand for my 12th official Belknap range summit (13 if you count Durrell). From Rand Mt the white blazed quarry trail was overgrown but still easy to follow back the Rand / Quarry col and back to the car.

A great day to be out in the woods.