W46>70

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nundagao

Reaction score
"Many a man that couldn't direct ye to th' drug store on th' corner when he was thirty will get a respectful hearin' when age has further impaired his mind."
- Finley Peter Dunne

Just so, there are those who dissipated a misspent youth in other frivolities and took up winter mountaineering only after age had further impaired their minds. At present, the roster of recorded W46Rs numbers a few more than 500. Among them would be a subset, call it N, who started and finished a complete winter round after age 70. The size of that subset can't be known with certainty, but as of 1-22-12 it stands at N+1.

Well, in that case, hearty congratulations are in order to newest N+1! That is a substantial accomplishment.

On a personal note - am hoping to do a winter round (either in NY or NH) of their 4's when I am 70 or older. Will have to wait 6 years in order to begin that goal, however.

"Many a man that couldn't direct ye to th' drug store on th' corner when he was thirty will get a respectful hearin' when age has further impaired his mind."
- Finley Peter Dunne

Just so, there are those who dissipated a misspent youth in other frivolities and took up winter mountaineering only after age had further impaired their minds. At present, the roster of recorded W46Rs numbers a few more than 500. Among them would be a subset, call it N, who started and finished a complete winter round after age 70. The size of that subset can't be known with certainty, but as of 1-22-12 it stands at N+1.
Well done! I'd venture to say N has only 1 digit! :D

I know a few that are 60+ ...

And even though MUCH younger I could not keep up with you on the MacIntyres Range this past Sunday as you reached in a gale force wind your W46>70 on Iroquois!

Congratulations Pete! I thought you had finished this last season, or was that just a winter round period and you had some over 70 gaps to fill in? Either way, as one of those 500+ knowing what it takes to get it done, you have much to be proud of, sir! :D