W46 on Cascade

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markandkelly

Reaction score
on top of Haystack, our 46th and our engagement!
What a weekend to be out hiking, not to mention finish our W46! We followed Pvon's lead from earlier this winter as he finished his W46 on Cascade, and we did the same on Saturday. The weather was about as perfect as it has been this winter season for hiking. Combine that with a shorter hike at hand and we could really enjoyed the summit. On so many of our previous winter hikes our stay on the summit was just long enough to congratulate each other and take a picture before heading down to find some shelter from the chilling winds. On Saturday we had a first rate view of the Great Range and could see through to the Green Mountains in Vermont. As so many of you know, it was a spectacular day to be out.

This hike was also fun as we went with some friends from home and took them on their first hike in the High Peaks Region. It was a great time and we definitely enjoyed the trip, lounging around on the summit, talking with numerous other hikers, and even driving home in the daylight!

Thanks to everyone that helped us achieve this goal. We look forward to seeing you on the trails in the future and hopefully helping you achieve your goals too!

Mark and Kelly :)

You guys sound like ANIMALS! I wish I could have met you out there this winter. Nice job.

Pig Pen said:
You guys sound like ANIMALS! I wish I could have met you out there this winter. Nice job.

They *ARE* animals! They did Haystack, Basin, and Saddleback a few weeks ago (from the Garden!) and talked about doing Big Slide on the way out!

Congrats guys! It was fun hiking with you when Phil finished his W46's!!!!

Did you buy that axe yet ? :)

Congrats Mark and Kelly! Seems like quite a few finishers this winter!