Wanted Your favorire waterfalls . to photogrqph

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RGF1

Reaction score
Avatar. The Maroon Bells . I live In NH and Near
I am planing to trying to Photograph waterfalls and foliage this fall Part of a project I am doing with mountain landscapes.
I would like suggestions of favorite water fall well know or not.
If it is not well know I will just title it unnamed water fall in NH S White Mts

Also is Hawthorn falls worth the bushwhack?

Thanks in advance

Giant Falls in Shelburne NH after heavy rain or in spring. I believe its off Peobody Brook Trail. Be aware that there are a couple of stream crossings that gget tricky when the water is high (whihc lines up with the times that the falls are most impressive.

There are lots of falls along the Moriah Brook trail. Cold Brook Falls near Memorial Bridge on the Amphibrach is another nice one.

Are you looking for falls that are photogenic & surrounded by good foliage and are located in NH?

Some suggestions that meet all that criteria (best are at the top):

~Arethusa Falls
~Ripley Falls
~Crystal Cascade
~Silver Cascade
~Glen Ellis Falls
~Beaver Brook Falls
~Bridal Veil Falls
~Thompson Falls
~Campton Falls

PM me if you want further details/directions/etc.

- Greg

Hey Rick,

Beede Falls on Sandwich Notch Road was an absolute revelation in June. I could see it being a bit underwhelming at low water, but with a flow going over, it was magical.

Good Luck,

--M.

Kinsman Falls (Cascade Brook trail from Franconia Notch State Park)
Bridal Veils Falls (Coppermine Trail Rt. 116 south from Franconia)

are my two faves in NH

There is also a beautiful small one into a large pool just off the Kanc, can't remember the name...

About a 1/2 mile upstream from 13 falls is another 1/2 dozen or so.

The stream turns away from the trail and comes back to it. When it does drop down and walk down stream a short distance.

Was there pre-digital.

Just found the pics, will try to scan then soon.

I'm also planning to shoot falls this autumn. One favorite is on the Falling Waters Trail in Franconia Notch. It's tall and steep, and it is wide which is good for photography, IMO. There are lots of decidious trees around it, providing plenty of autumn color, and it runs quite well during fairly dry times. No direct sunlight hits it until late morning.

A sudden tragedy last year during a rock slide in heavy rain took out Hawthorne Falls, I was unfortunate to hike out a few weeks after and weeped at the sad sight. Nothing more is left except a jumble of rocks and bits of moss.....-Mattl