Waren Miller Wintervention at Symphney Space Nov 20th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oops.............................................

Last edited:
Just caught this film in Beverly ma. Better than the last few in my opinion. Still can't stand the obnoxious product placement though.

Same show? So how were the films?

I don't understand about the product placement thing?.. you mean the sponsors blurbs all over the place?.. that bad?

It's the same show. It's really one movie with many different scenes rather than a collection of films. The film is great, especially the Antarctica stuff. Most people (myself included) feel that the old Warren Miller flicks from the 90s and early 00s were better than the new ones, but it's still worth watching.

The product placement is just the 5 or 6 main advertisers that work w/Warren Miller. Their products are obnoxiously featured throughout the entire movie. For example, it shows a bunch of skiers and they are ALL drinking Corona in New Zealand. They probably don't even have Corona in New Zealand :rolleyes:

Yeah the Banff thing was totaled with adds everywhere but I'm there for the action, not the products. Banff films were a real bust last time. I think they need new reviewers, lost me as a customer. I'm hopin this will be more action than over worded documentries.

Thanks.

It's the same show. It's really one movie with many different scenes rather than a collection of films. The film is great, especially the Antarctica stuff. Most people (myself included) feel that the old Warren Miller flicks from the 90s and early 00s were better than the new ones, but it's still worth watching.

The product placement is just the 5 or 6 main advertisers that work w/Warren Miller. Their products are obnoxiously featured throughout the entire movie. For example, it shows a bunch of skiers and they are ALL drinking Corona in New Zealand. They probably don't even have Corona in New Zealand :rolleyes:

Just a note that Warren Miller films aren't done by Warren Miller anymore. He recently lost a lawsuit over the use of his name.

http://www.skifilmreviews.com/the-news/150-warren-miller-entertainment-wins-lawsuit-versus-warren-miller