water around Speckled mountain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brambor

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the spring condition is under the summit of Speckled Mountain? The trails above Bickford brook are quite dry and I was wondering if I could count a refill when I reach Speckled summit.

On Saturday there was water available below the summit on the bickford brook trail about 1/4 mile below the summit. I found no water on the top.

The Willard brook springs not far from the Speckled Mtn summit. On the map it looks less than 100feet. That is the one I was wondering about.

Although, is there a direct trail to the spring of Bickford brook from the Blueberry Ledge Trail?

Did you ever find your water? I'm looking to head this way this weekend and was wondering about the reliability of the Spring. The guide doesn't warn about it being unreliable, so I'm hopeful it's reliable.

Was just up there this past weekend and wasn't aware of the spring until checking the summit in on Peakbagger and seeing it on the USFS map. I can say that the Bickford Brook trail was extremely dry, totally at odds with the trail description (multiple stream crossings, swimming holes etc). Didn't even bother with the slides as the water crossing the trail on Blueberry Ridge was so low.

So the spring had water, but not quite flowing. We filtered our water. There was a puddle on the summit that was drying up, but that suggests that one of the storms from last week hit the summit, which could have refilled the spring. Coming down Blueberry Ridge we did cross Bickford Brook at the junction with the slides (which look really interesting). That water was flowing nicely, but still low. Didn't filter that one.

Blue Brook (off Black Angel) was also running, but also very low.