Waterproof Fanny Pack?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldfeet

Reaction score
Any suggestions?

I got a few on paddling.net but after reading reviews it seems that nothing is 100%.

My plan is to use a backpack dry sack and put small important items in fanny pack.

maybe don't worry about the fanny pack, you can pack important items in small packs that will fit in any fanny pack. Maybe even like a small Otter Box or something similar put inside a regular fanny pack.... I have one that fits my camera that I will tether to my cockpit..

Jay

Hey Jay, hope all is well. Got some sad news. Looks like the good old "iron skillet" might be sitting out this trip because of weight. But now that I think about it Chris, maybe we can cashe it with other gear and pick it up after the "carry". thx Jay, you just gave me a great idea! Gotta send u a green square ::D

Alistair, sent u a pm

Thx for info Stan but it's expensive. Gonna use the fanny pack from an old pack and put a drysack inside it.

that would be so much more cost effective, you can use your drysack in more places than a fanny pack...

I do that with my bike panniers... Don't worry about the waterproofness, just use drybags and stuff for the important stuff

jay

that would be so much more cost effective, you can use your drysack in more places than a fanny pack...

I do that with my bike panniers... Don't worry about the waterproofness, just use drybags and stuff for the important stuff

jay

Drysack or garbage bag. I always line my backpack with a garbage bag to keep all my dry cloths, dry.