Whiteface, #46, 8/28/04 (me too)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikethe115

Reaction score
Lock Haven, PA; Avatar: the twins on Twin with onl
My husband and I are finishing up on Whiteface this Saturday. We don't need Esther, but there are some going who may opt to snag it. We are going in via Whiteface Landing and out by the Research Center. Our party will be at the Lake Placid Pub & Brew Saturday evening starting around 5:30. If anyone wants to join us for either the hike or the celebration let me know. Unfortuantely we have other plans for the next weekend or we would have joined MAVS.

I think this is the big "46" weekend for a bunch of people. I am finishing on the Wright/Algonquin/Iroquois loop too on Saturday for #46! So I wouldn't mind meeting some of you at the LP P&B. Is it on the main drag in Lake Placid? HarryK I think is hiking in with another Whiteface group, so I have to lug my own beer. I'm getting jipped!!!! Seems like the big celebration will be on Whiteface, while spongebob and I will be on Iroquois.

Dawn,
I'd love to to join you guys, but I'd be in a heap o' trouble at home if I did THAT one before next week. :D .

Sponge Bob,
Ditto, good luck to you guys as well. I hope the weather gods are kind.

Seems like tons of people finishing lately. Gonna be a crowded meeting next Spring :). Harry, you gonna have to set up "Harryk's Sherpa Beer Service" at this rate.

Good luck to all you guys this weekend.

mavs00 said:
... Harry, you gonna have to set up "Harryk's Sherpa Beer Service" at this rate...
How did I get wrangled into this?;)

Anyway - congrats to all that are finishing their lists!

Harry, at this rate I'd say that you are owed a keg! My daughter Kayla and I will wave to you guys from Jefferson next weekend!

Adrian, sorry we missed each other in the ADK's. Was looking forward to it. I have plenty left, so it would be good if we could get out on a hike! Maine, NH, VT, NY, it's all good to me!

Off to the LT for a 3-5 day stint today! I'll say "hey" to Seema for y'all (she is at the Inn at LT and going strong).

Harry, at this rate I'd say that you are owed a keg!

Well, I will make sure I bring the beer for Harry on his final 115 on Hamlin.

So, maybe we should do some sort of skit too. MAVS, is there any set up we should be doing for you for the next week? I guess it would only work if those working there heard it since the same tourists wouldn't be there.

Tuco good memory on my driving habits. I've done too many overnight drive in to trailheads this year. I am actually leaving sometime in the later afternoon today.

Harryk & Hikethe115 I will see you on Saturday.(and on the 6th for the other finish) Geeesh Harry you can't even pre-position a beer on the top of the mountain.....This beer service is getting a bit sketchy. I might have to use one of your competitors on the AMC board..I think his name is HarryQ.

Sherpa I will keep on going to the ADKs so we have plenty of time to do stuff. We almost met on 08/17 when you did Gray and such that day, as you must of been in the Feldspar leanto missing the rain storm in the afternoon. And I was just down the trail in the Uphill leanto waiting out the downpour after sprinting down the last part Redfield.

Adrian, we were close - Ed (ADK4487) and I were on our way down from Skylight. We managed to get some short VFTT and then a nice shower before heading back to the leanto (~5:10)

There's always room for one more passenger (or 2, as we couldnt leave SpongeBob behind!)