Whiteface Toll Road

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brushhog

Reaction score
I suspect that the Toll Road probably isn't skiiable, but will post this question anyway. Does anybody out there know if it is? Was planning on maybe trying it on Monday, Thanks

It has been skied already this season. However, pretty much all of the snow is melting in Saranac Lake this morning due to warm temperatures and rain. I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that the lower portions of the road aren't skiable right now, and even when things freeze again, there will probably be a fair amount of ice at higher elevations...

This is a site I check pretty regularly in the winter for conditions: http://www.lakeplacid.com/cross-country-ski-conditions

Scroll down to the backcountry section and you'll usually see a fairly recent update for the Whiteface toll road.

That was last updated yesterday... things up here have changed quite a bit in the past 24 hours. For the worse, if you're into backcountry skiing/snowshoeing. :( For the better if you have to pay to have your driveway plowed. :)

Well according to that website they have "skiable grass" at the Whiteface club and Lake Placid resort. Does that mean regular x-c or roller skiis? :D