Yes, there is a Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teejay

Reaction score
The Beautiful Finger Lakes; Avatar: 4 Hrs. up, 4
coming up so let's talk about it.

Just a little update. I spoke with the campground and the Shed last week and we are on their schedules. Today, I called the Shed to finalize a menu but the contact person was out until Monday. I'm trying to put together a list of 6 or 7 menu items from the pub menu and will post the selections as a poll early next week. This is only being done to get a rough idea of the numbers so the restaurant isn't swamped with orders for 39 Shepherd's Pies and one veggie quesidilla. I'm doing the poll mainly so there aren't 30 people telling me what they want on the board. See the choices, make your pick, and vote. No need to post. Bandwidth isn't free.

I'd like to keep the price fixed for each adult, let's say $20, including tax and tip. All the pub items are well below that, so I will check with her to see if the restaurant could throw in something else. One thought would be that they could give us a few (okay, lots) pitchers of beer as samplers for the different ones they brew there. Another idea is to have them put out a bunch of appetizers. Or maybe they could do both.

They also have a kid's menu and there will be few selections from that. Kids will be about $10-12.

The "official" Gathering dates are Thursday, Sept 15-Sunday, Sept 18 but anyone can come earlier or stay longer. Dinner at the Shed will be Friday and I think I will make it for 8:00 with beer and/or appetizers starting at ~7:00.

Every year we have a hard time of keeping track who and how many came to the Gatherings. This year I'm going to start something new. I've got a few door prizes to give away, not gear, but outdoor related. Register (hate that word, sounds so business) and get a chance in the drawings. Of course, there are some other traditions. The Saturday night potluck. The passing of the apron to the person travelling the greatest distance (not time) to the Gathering. And the newest, the passing of the VFTT banner to the organizer of the next Gathering. For those of you that weren't at the BBQ, bigmoose had a beautiful banner made with the VFTT logo. It was presented there to Spencer and then passed to me. See MichaelJ's pictures.

If anybody has any comments or suggestions, contact me by email (please, no PM's) or phone.

Tom Jenks
315 689-1883 or 1(800)484-1046 (tone 1177) but let me know if you call the 800# so I can call you right back (cheaper).

More later.

teejay

Shepard's Pie!!!!

Beer please!!!!

:D

Wow. Such organization. Kinda scary.

Kinda cool. Thanks TJ.

I CAN'T WAIT!!

I am new here and find that when I am reading a lot of the posts, including this one, I am very confused. What exactly are you talking about here. Where is this taking place? I have no idea what your talking about and therefore aren't able to join in these trips or events since I can't figure things out. Please help.

Thanks,