Zealand - Bonds Traverse 2/28

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldmanwinter

Reaction score
Deerfield, NH Avatar: Attempt on Nubble 11/17/07
I am on vacation next week and am hoping to get in a special hike. I would like to try a Zealand - Bonds traverse but need some friends for the shuttle. The weather looks good for Wednesday 2/28 and I am hoping for that day. Anyone interested?? Nancy (Oldmanwinters wife)

Were you planning on doing "In Zealand and out Lincoln Woods" or in and out through Zealand? Although I do not have that day off, I might ask for it if the weather looks promising. I know of another Zealand-Bond trip on 3/10, I have family visiting that day so your trip might work out better. I would need to check with the powers to be before confirming.

Since there is no response to my initial inquiry, I will assume you found others to accompany you.

Sorry for the delay but I have been out of town for the weekend. I was thinking in Zealand and out over the Bonds. You are the only one who has responded so far. It looks like it is going to be a good day. I also hike with my dog Cinder (black Lab) Nancy

I will still have to check with the Powers-to-be as far as taking a day off. I was hoping to ask today, but I hadn't heard from you so I didn't know if the hike was still on.

What time were you thinking of starting? If my math is correct, it is a 16 mile hike.

p.s. I sent you a PM.

Last edited:
I stand corrected. My math was a tad off. After redoing the mileage, I get 22 miles with the road walk. Hmmm.

MadRiver said:
I stand corrected. My math was a tad off. After redoing the mileage, I get 22 miles with the road walk. Hmmm.

We try to do that traverse on Feb 17th but the two feet of
snow made us stop and turn back at Zealand summit. Thanks in
advance for the track on the Bonds. I plan to hike the 3 Bonds on
sunday from Lincoln Wood.