Winter Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who: Anyone who wants to attend
What: Hiking and hanging out
When : Jan 12-15, 2007
Where : At Unfrozencaveman's place in Vermont
Why: cause it is fun
How: Show up with a tent, sleeping bag and other winter camping stuff, Some money to help cover porta potty costs, Musical Instruments if you will participate in the music making, A dish to share at the potluck which will take place on Saturday.

Etc: Hiking plans and skiing plans are still coming together.

Hope that helps, Brent.

sli74

bubba said:
How are you going up? I could tag along and board back down Ellen??

No, it's exclusive for hikers only, and we don't want anyone who's gonna take the easy way down! :p :D :p

In other words, Bubba, of course you can. Then you can hang out at the lodge and be ready to buy us all beers when we get down! (Sounds like a good deal to me!)

Thank You

sli74 said:
Who: Anyone who wants to attend
What: Hiking and hanging out
When : Jan 12-15, 2007
Where : At Unfrozencaveman's place in Vermont
Why: cause it is fun
How: Show up with a tent, sleeping bag and other winter camping stuff, Some money to help cover porta potty costs, Musical Instruments if you will participate in the music making, A dish to share at the potluck which will take place on Saturday.

Etc: Hiking plans and skiing plans are still coming together.

Hope that helps, Brent.

sli74

Yes thank you soooooooo much. I run a youth basketball league and I have about 2 hours of me time between 1am - 3am. I really hope I can get up there!

~Thanks Again
Brent

Gris said:
i theeenks (spoken in Bubbaloo's voice) Shiiizzzy mobile burger extravaganza will be there via direct from Key West Fla!

but what about the newliweds Spencer & Joanna and their frozen concotion that helps me hang on...?

Well, we were thinking about joining you all but alas, I think we are going to make the most of the long weekend and head to Quebec for some poor man's European skiing and chocolates.

Besides, VT is like 18 hours from our house. Thanks for organizing and hosting, Caveman!

We'll miss you all, whether you misss us or not :D

See some of you tonight at the Loaf?

Spencer

i hate you all!!!! (i don't really)

this is so stinky!!!! i have to go to LA from Dec. 26th thru January 30th!!!

i'm soooooo bummed. i was really looking forward to it!

Does anyone have any friends in LA/San Diego that I could hook up with, maybe for some weekend fun or hikes or something? send me a PM if you do!

you guys better have enough fun for me too! oh yeah, have a few cocktails for me while you are at it!!!!

:)

carm

Carmel said:
this is so stinky!!!! i have to go to LA from Dec. 26th thru January 30th!!!carm
If not that, it certainly sucks!! Weekends to HI are inexpensive from LA. My cousin's a lawyer in case you get into trouble there... (damn good defense lawyer at that)!!

Carmel said:
you guys better have enough fun for me too! oh yeah, have a few cocktails for me while you are at it!!!! :) carm
Oh yeah... done!!! :D :D We'll miss you! It's so much fun when you're there and "he's" not!! ;) ;) Darren: :p

stars aligning

Hey,

Looks like the stars are aligning to allow me to do all that I want to do in January. So, a stop at the Wintering gathering will be in the works. I'm a local, so I feel like I can be lazy about plans until the very last minute. I'll most likely bring Chip, musical instruments, and food/beverages to pass on Saturday night. sli74, no excuses...you better be there!!!! :)

see y'all then.

I'm hoping to attend the winter gathering Mr. Unfrozencaveman. I might have to wimp out on camping and opt for indoors at a b'n b if there is one in the area. I'm possibly interested in downhill skiing or XC skiing.

Thanks for hosting. I'll be glad to bring food, guitar, money for potty, beer and my curiousity. kim

wyldeflower said:
Mr. Unfrozencaveman.
Now THAT'S the respect I've been looking for! :D

Kim, it would be great to have you - there are some square inches left on the floor..... if you're looking for B&B's (there are lots in the area) you probably want to book now as that's going to be a popular weekend.

Toe Cozy said:
...Looks like the stars are aligning to allow me to do all that I want to do in January. So, a stop at the Wintering gathering will be in the works. I'm a local, so I feel like I can be lazy about plans until the very last minute. I'll most likely bring Chip, musical instruments, and food/beverages to pass on Saturday night. sli74, no excuses...you better be there!!!! :)

WOOO HOOO I love it when the stars align ;)

Pretzels

Has anyone thought about bringing some? :D I would like to XC Ski this weekend and will be there if others are considering the same. Prefer a backcountry experience.

UNFROZENCAVEMAN said:
WOOO HOOO I love it when the stars align ;)
But will the PLANETZ align?

Mr. UnfrozenCaveman SIR: There were/are things keeping me away, but as time goes on, more and more things are drawing me towards heading there....... must resist.....cannot resist....must resist.....cannot resist.....

Hollywood, there will be people doing just about every outdoor winter thing--except maybe skating, dunno about that.

Pete, resistance is futile. So be there if you'll be there.

To respond to the other thread, there will be amps into which you can plug, and mics. See, I told you resistance would be futile. :D

XC Skiing

Hey Hollywood and All,

If we have some good snow I'd be up for XC skiing....I've missed it since the snow was poor last winter.

UFC - looks like you got yourself a party! :D

It will be great to see everyone and hear some good music!

Hanna

The extent of my outdoors activity will be XC skiing, so I'm in for that! If we're lucky, we may also get the pleasure of watching a Florida surfer dude on the skinnies! :cool: :rolleyes:
Abster: well, there will be music. How good it will be will depend on how much everyone drinks. BTW, any slick spots on the road I should avoid? ;)

SherpaKroto said:
The extent of my outdoors activity will be XC skiing, so I'm in for that! If we're lucky, we may also get the pleasure of watching a Florida surfer dude on the skinnies! :cool: :rolleyes:
Warning! That Florida surfer dude did pretty well on the skinnies last year...

Doug

Ok, Let me get this straight;

Sometime between January 12-15th, show up with tent, sleeping bag etc, $$ for porta potty, food to share, my dancing shoes, skiing stuff, sledding stuff, skating stuff, hiking stuff, a huge grin and my sense of adventure. Did I forget anything?

Are pets welcome? In case a doggie rescues me by then?

Christine