Edmands Path

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohamed Ellozy

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
The Forest Service web site says that the Mt Clinton Road is open, but they also say that the Ravine Road is open and it seems that it is not :( Does anyone know for sure?

Also, how is parking at the trailhead?

Thanks!

I was not on the edmunds path - but did cross it on sat and saw tracks as well as 2 people coming up it. (I went down crawford path). When I crossed over clinton road to the parking area, it did look open. But I can't confirm that. people did come up the edmunds path tho - that i am certain.

Mohamed,

Not sure about Mt. Clinton Rd, but in regards to your comment about the Ravine Lodge Rd listed as being open on the FS website and actually being closed (I figure you got that info from my trail conditions report). I assume that last weeks storm caused them to close it and it just didn't make the updates to their website.

The road was gated, had a little snow (along with some tire tracks), but even if it were open, I wouldn't have risked driving down it very far...

I tend to think Mt. Clinton Rd is in a better situation. Because it's paved, AND with a warm week of temps, it will likely be in drivable shape (as long as it is not gated).

Frodo said:
Mohamed,

... but in regards to your comment about the Ravine Lodge Rd listed as being open on the FS website and actually being closed (I figure you got that info from my trail conditions report).
How did you guess :) :)
Frodo said:
I tend to think Mt. Clinton Rd is in a better situation. Because it's paved, AND with a warm week of temps, it will likely be in drivable shape (as long as it is not gated).
Only one way to find out for sure ...

For the most part, I think Dartmouth controls that gate, not the FS. They may have reported it open while they were working on the power lines, and then closed it again.

-dave-

dolly cop/ pinkham b road was open on saturday. albeit snowy. should be melting fast with the temps being warm.

Mixed messages on Mt. Clinton Rd. last Friday. Gate was open, sign said closed.

Hey Mohamed!

You read my T.R. from Sunday, and Ill elaborate a bit more. As of Sunday morning, Mt. Clinton road was open up to both trailheads coming from the respective closer roads (i.e. you could get to the Crawford Path connector from 302, and Edmand's Path from the Base road) but in between was still unpassable for anything but 4 wheel drive. HOWEVER, when we walked back from the Edmands Path trailhead to the Crawford Trailhead, the warm weather produced dramatic results. Assuming no snow has fallen since Sunday, and that the sun was out up there like it was down here, I will bet the road is almost completely cleared by now.

Hope this helps.

Brian