An Inconvenient Truth

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a good book

a good book on this very subject is 'State of Fear' by Michael Crighton.
A 'must read'

Bob said:
a good book on this very subject is 'State of Fear' by Michael Crighton.
A 'must read'

My son read it, however. He enjoyed it, Crighton can weave a good thriller.
And that is all it is. Any statment of "Scientific fact" must be understood in its context...pulp fiction.

No scientific 'facts' were ever referred to...read the book before prejudging it.
Or not

Bob said:
No scientific 'facts' were ever referred to...read the book before prejudging it.
Or not

No I did not read the book but I did get many excerpts. I discussed the book at length with my son. It is easy for a fiction writer to make statements and then hand the smoking gun to a charecter in the book.

From J. Hansen et al. From J Hansen et al.

I read the book and I thought it was very enjoyable. I like Crighton as a writer and have enjoyed some of his other books too.

Last edited:
Uggh, more about global warming....oh well. I guess the producers are entitled to make a movie on whatever they want.

Hey, if you guys want a good read that mixes science, adventure and natural history check out "Thunderhead" by Lincoln Child and DOuglas S. Preston. They are both experts in natural history, and they weave a good story about ancient Anasazi INdians in the wilds of the desert. Very good book.

Brian

ANOTHER GOOD BOOK about the Anazasi

By David Roberts- "In Search of the Old Ones"