Bottoms of feet hot???

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adirobdack46r

Reaction score
I know there have been threads about blisters and prevention but this is a little different so I thought I'd throw it out there for input. I'm on my third pair (all different manufacturers) of all leather Gortex hiking boots, since I started hiking as an adult and I now I have a pair of middle weights that are very comfy but no matter which I have on my feet the bottoms get very hot. I know the heat must be being caused by slipping/friction, but I never seem to get blisters just very hot bottoms of my feet, especially bottoms of heel and ball of foot where toes connect. Tried many types of socks also. It is not like I can't do very very long day hikes and even multiple day hikes but that burn is always noted shortly after stopping or getting going again. I walk about 2 miles to meet my wife across town every day after work and even after just those 2 miles my feet are hot and tingly on the bottom.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hives on feet...

I know this is a little different, but similar topic, and something I've been wondering about for the last year and a half...Recently, (within the last year and a half) I have started getting severe hives on my feet while hiking. I have not changed my boots or socks (yes I do wash them though :D) and if I stop for any length of time the hives begin. I find that the only remedy is to take my boots of during a break to let them breathe & cool down?

Has anybody else experienced this? Do you have suggestions? I have never in my life suffered from hives or other skin irritations so to say the least I find this quite annoying and very painful. When I researched hives online it did say that most people, experiencing hives out of the blue would experience it between 20-30 years old.

Pete_Hickey said:
The bottoms of my feet never got hot, until I got my first (and last) pair of GoreTex boots. When they say breathable, they do not mean more breathable than leather boots. They mean more breathable than a plastic bag.
I too have found GoreTex lined boots to be wetter than without.

Also makes it harder to dry a wet boot.

Doug

Especially in winter (with less breathable boots) I find the balls of my feet feeling like giant hot spots. Yet, when I take my boots off I cannot see anything. I county myself lucky that they never progress further.

I did once, have those hot spots turn into blisters, while wearing sandals :confused: :rolleyes: and let me tell you that was the most painful blister episode EVER. :eek: I don't reccomend it. :)

Could it be athlete's foot? Couldn't hurt to try using Tenactin or Micotin and see if it helps. Wash your feet with hot, soapy water and dry thoroughly first. I occasionally get it, and these products work immediately.

Try lots of Gold Bond double strength powder. My feet get that burning feeling too - I think it's just nerve end irritation from an enclosed space and not being exposed to air.