Ethan pond -Thoreau falls -Wilderness - Lincoln woods

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonPatrikz

Reaction score
Any one done these trails recently and know the conditions? I'm looking to Trail run from Zealand road to the Kancamangus and wondering if this combination would permit this ? Too rocky , a lot of water , roots , etc ?

Thanks

Never run it, but skiied it a few times and walked much of it. 99% of it could be easily run. You're on railroad grade virtually the entire time. Make sure you lift your feet to avoid the occasionally railroad spike.

As for recent conditions, can't help you there. Enjoy.

last year i ran from lincoln woods to zealand road using shoal pond trail. everything was runnable except shoal pond trail which had a lot of bog bridges. You have to be real careful to make sure you follow the wilderness trail all the way to shoal pond trail, a few false trails near the end. if you are doing the reverse perhaps thats not a problem. i did not take thoreau falls trail, i heard it was easy to get lost on that trail due to not well marked. it was a nice run, i think i did 4:14 or 4:34 or something like that.

I've only walked the ends, but have skied the entire route. Should be runable. I've heard reports that the low portion of Threau Falls Tr can be muddy. The bit along the falls might be a bit steep.

Shoal Pond Tr might be gentler than Threau Falls Tr, but has 4 or 5 siginificant stream crossings.

Doug