New Boots - Asolo Fugitive GTX

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
New Boots?? - Asolo Fugitive GTX??

Hi all,

in the market for some new summer/fall boots. Been doing my research and leaning towards the Asolo Fugitive GTX- tried on a good few pairs and in the store - these seem to fit pretty good. Reviews are mixed - some praise the boots and some say the boots are made quite poorly.

was wondering if anyone here has first hand exp with them? comments, etc..

thanks!

Last edited:
I tried a pair and thought the fit was goofy, didn't seem to be much cushion of the insides of the boot. That doesn't mean they won't be the cat's pajamas for you though. They're on sale all at REI right now.

I have a pair of their TPS520 boots that fit like a glove and are great for long trips hopping on rocks.

Damon

I have a brand new pair I just purchased. I've worn them on a couple of hikes. After just two hikes it's a bit soon to really make a good evaluation. I am, however, very pleased with them thus far. The boot has a good solid feel. I have used them on bare rocky trail--before the last snow--they obviously have a good solid mid-sole because there is no penetration at all by the rocks. The soles gripped well on steep smooth granite ledges. My one concern with the boots, and only time can tell if the concern is legitimate, is the metal loops the laces pass through do not look hyper-solid. I'm worried they might break if smashed or hooked on a rock or something, but as I said only time will tell. I got a great price on a pair my size at the LLBean outlet in Conway and I decided to go for it. For what it's worth they are also good looking boots. Someone who saw me wearing them told me they were too sharp looking to get messed up in the mountains and that I should wear them only on more formal occasions. To each his own I guess. :cool: