Sunday, July 8 : Street and Nye

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

una_dogger

Reaction score
Time: 8:30 am
Where: ADK Loj info Center

Will be checking back here until 4pm thursday, then I'm heading off to the mountains and will not have net access.

This will be a nice and easy Sunday stroll -- weather looks like a 40% chance of showers.

Street & Nye, My favorites!
Great hike to save for rainy day.
I did them in winter, and I must say, I will probably never return there again.
If you're on your quest for the 46, It's a good feeling having them behind you though.

Have fun, Steve-o :)

Stev-o said:
Street & Nye, My favorites!
Great hike to save for rainy day.
I did them in winter, and I must say, I will probably never return there again.
If you're on your quest for the 46, It's a good feeling having them behind you though.

Have fun, Steve-o :)

Perhaps we were lucky. The views from Street this past winter were incredible, as there was enough snow to lift us above the trees to afford a 180 degree view, and we had a broken trail - highway - all the way to the summits. No views on Nye summit of course, but a very nice one on the way up. At this time of year, look for some interesting old artifacts early on, just off the trail to Nye. And we found the woods beautiful in summer.

Thanks for those hints, Dick. I'm looking forward to Sunday, I'll be winding down and reflecting upon my two previous days of hiking. Street and Nye seem like a good choice for that kind of hike. ;)

1ADAM12 said:
Like Dick said. Go beyond the summit of Street and you will come to some lookout ledges. I Was clouded in but I would love to go back.

I've heard that from others, thanks for the tip!

Maybe if its nice out, this would be a good little Pre-Grace Warm Up Group Hike??? (day before?)

I need them and I don't want to make a trip over just for these two.... :rolleyes:

1ADAM12 said:
Like Dick said. Go beyond the summit of Street and you will come to some lookout ledges. I Was clouded in but I would love to go back.
I stand corrected.
That's the last time I listen to Verplanck Colvin.
Did'nt realize there were ledges over there. Of course, we were, somewhat socked-in.
Like Dick, we were standing on a good snowpack and our heads were above the trees. Visibility was limited but, it did seem to open up looking south and west?
I may go back there again.
Hope your dog is okay. :)