Conditions for upcoming (3/7/09) Pemi Traverse???

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzbo

Reaction score
Waltham, MA Jazzbo & Marty meet Bigfoot on Kenne
I'm posting this question as a favor for Bill D who is not member of VFTT ......

"Scott Taylor & I are scheduled to lead our annual Pemi ski thru this saturday. we're trying to assess (guess?) the conditions of the ice bridges over the stream crossings - especially the 4 large ones on Shoal Pond Trail and the extra wide one at Stillwater. On VFFTT Dr. Dasypodidae mentions "the [snow] pack appeared to have gone isothermal (rotten from top to base) for our Pemi ski-through on Saturday.

Scott herd on his ham radio last night, "from a guy who went into Zealand Sat - said snow bridges were collapsing, damming up the streams, causing them to overflow their banks and cutting deeply into the snow...."

2 weeks ago the bridges over the pemi from the Cedar Brook trail to Lincoln Woods looked thick and strong. Have any of you seen large stream crossings since last friday's rain?

thanks & see you on the trails!" .... End of Bill D's question.

Thanks Jazzbo, but I already pm'd Dr. D. with Bill's question. Now if we could teach Bill to spell, maybe we can get him to post his TR on this site!:D