may be sticking a fork in Crocs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow those new crocs are uglier then the regular ones....

I don't have any crocs, but mainly because I could never find my size. And I'm cheap...really cheap, esp when it comes to hiking gear, so 30 bucks was way too pricey for me. :eek: Maybe now that they are in troubled times I can snag a pair.

To everyone (especially the men) who said, in certain words, that they'd feel like they would look like a pansy in Crocs, bear in mind that there are several different styles. I once felt as you do, and pictured only the girlie looking slip-on clogs that looked like the ones some of my medical-professional friends wore, and the ones my mother-in-law wears to the beach. Then I found the OFF ROAD type at Gander Mountain, tried a pair on, and was hooked. The thing I like best about them is the velcro adjustable heel strap, the stretchy banded, one size Crocs never fit my feet right either.

I was anti-Croc until my brother insisted on giving them to everyone in the family one Christmas a few years ago - despite our protests. I started slipping them on to dash out to the garden in the morning dew, then to take the dogs for a walk in the rain, and they grew on me from there. Yeah, they are funny looking; but comfy as heck, with a nice wide toe-box. Easier on and off than Tevas, with better toe protection. And they are lighter to carry when every ounce counts.

4752255798_53c71c104b_m.jpg
[/url]
Buttercups and Blue Crocs by Elizabeth W.K., on Flickr
[/img]

Met a guy a couple of years ago who hiked the entire Appalachian Trail in Crocs. He said nothing else worked for him.

Last edited: