what digital camera do you use?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still using a 10 year old hand me down 3 MP Kodak digital camera and while it is frustrating to not have the controls I am used to, it is possible to coax a really good photo out of it. I am finally going to move up to a new camera... and it will be the Olympus Stylus 1050 (waterproof and shockproof) in other words Andrew proof.

An OK camera takes far better pictures than a broken one so for me this compromise is an easy decision (and it takes way better photos than what it's replacing).

Finepix

I have the same model that Fisher Cat does, the Fuji Finepix S700. I LOVE my camera. I got amazing pics and video in Yellowstone 2 winters ago and I paid relatively very little for it, too. It's great for beginner and more experienced photographer alike, in my opinion. I know of 2 professional photographers who have this as their "everyday" camera.

Good one!

If you are really asking, it is used for landscape photography, and is another facet of creative photography that got much easier with digital cameras. It gets you to look at the landscape in a different way, and it gets you out and shooting in light conditions (for example direct overhead sunlight) that are considered less-than-optimal for traditional photography.

There's lots of information available online.

Here is a sample image.

And here is a good site to get started - "Infrared Basics for Digital Photographers."
Thanks for the links. The IR does give some interesting effects.

I love my canon G10...small enough to hike with and has features easilly accessible. Can quickly change modes and settings. :D

Olympus stylus

I badly mistreat electronics. I also fall in rivers alot.
This camera gets banged around on rocks, wet/soaked, frozen in winter, and still works great. I'll admit that some of the landscape photos are not of the quality of the others mentioned here, but I like that it handles abuse well. Takes great underwater pics (waterproof to 30 feet).

I had been using a Canon A610 for about 4 years. It took great pictures in adiquate light levels, and I really liked the fact that it used AA batteries. Recently, it stopped aquiring an image. (I can still use the LCD to view photos on the memory chip.) Of course, Canon discontinued it about 3 years and 11 months ago and it costs as much to fix it, as a new one of similar capabilities.

I just preordered the not yet released Canon S90IS, based on features and reviews. I hope Canon doesn't discontinue it, before the release date.:rolleyes:

We have had several Canon A series cameras in our household. I borrowed my daughter's A530 for a presi traverse last year. Light, dependable, takes nice photos, uses AA batteries.