The old "east face trail" Acadia

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have been wanting to do that trail for sometime now. Thanks for the update. We were in Bar Harbor at the time the earthquakes occured that particular evening. Pretty interesting event.:eek:

Little D:)

The East Face Trail is the trail we usually took down after climbing up the Precipice Trail. I recall that trail as being relatively benign and dull, so I’m surprised to learn it had been closed. Has the Precipice Trail been open right along?

The Precipice has been open and the East Face trail has been open down to the road. The part that was closed is the section across the cliff face that intersects back with the Precipice above the parking lot.

Rock Slide

I have attached a picture taken in 2008 of the rock slide that closed the trail. The white patches in the photo are areas where new granite was exposed as a result of the slide. There is not much in the photo for scale, but the photo was shot from the park road. The scar was also visible from far out in the bay.

2351232130054321892S600x600Q85.jpg