helicopter on garfield

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freighttrain48

Reaction score
here is the link to the video i shot on garfield for flags on the 48. not sure if this is the right spot I will be posting a longer video in the trip reports. that video will have most of the hike, this is just the helicopter flying over garfield shot in 720p from a contour helmet cam.

http://youtu.be/wvdE-hHr01M

Bob, in our party and I watched that chopper circle the Tripyramids and fly by Osceola... Then I think it took off north..

I used to work on Blackhawk helicopters, so that is always cool.

Nice video Mr Train. :)

Jay

I can take no credit for that. You are right the garfield team did an excellent job and I thank everyone who took part. Your flag was one of the few I could see with an naked eye I saw Tims on west bond, you guys on south twin, galehead, lincoln and liberty

Bob, in our party and I watched that chopper circle the Tripyramids and fly by Osceola... Then I think it took off north..

I used to work on Blackhawk helicopters, so that is always cool.

Nice video Mr Train. :)

Jay

thanks Jay, so you can comfirm that was a blackhawk? I dont know enough about helicopters to tell.

thanks Jay, so you can comfirm that was a blackhawk? I dont know enough about helicopters to tell.

Yes, pretty sure of it. Though I don't physically work on one, one of my previous jobs, we wrote the software that loaded flight mission profiles to the Blackhawk (and Apaches and Chinooks)....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_UH-60_Black_Hawk

It flew by Osceola when a group of us were on East Osceola so from about .8 miles away, it certainly looked like a Blackhawk from where I was and your video is much closer..

Jay

Thinking of you all yesterday who were with flags on the NH 48 as we celebrated granddaughter Julia's first birthday and then went on a walk and mini "rock climb" with her three year old sister.

Here ya go.
Its tail number is 617.
And of course National Guard = Army National Guard. Oopsie.

He came in pretty close to N. Kinsman. We first spotted him over by Tecumseh. He was definitely making the rounds.

P9110109.JPG

Well, yes, the Army flies helicopters, as you guys have mentioned. I was at a base owned by the Army, not the air force... I think because the Army uses helicopters so much in support of the ground troops, it made sense to put them in control of the same division.

Somebody here may be able to describe this better than I. I'm just a civilian who happens to have worked on software for the Blackhawks and other US Army choppers..

p.s. good to get some confirmation. :)

Jay

I watched him tag all the pemi peaks I could see from garfield execpt lafayette which was in the clouds