Winter parking for Moosilauke

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCarter

Reaction score
When I was there on Monday, Ravine Rd in front of the gate was not plowed, which made parking a slight challenge, since that nice new snow was a little slippery.

WMNF Visitor Information Center says that the FS plows the Beaver Brook TH parking.

They didn't know the status of the Glencliff TH: is it plowed in winter?(amusingly enough, they referred me to here to get the answer...).

Beaver Brook & Glencliff are the two trailheads used most often in winter. Beaver Brook is easier to get to from I-93. Based on the number that go up Glencliff, the lot must be plowed or parking is no issue.

We were at the Glencliff hiker parking lot after the snow last week and it was being plowed just as we pulled in. It was a green state truck..from the County Home i guessed and the lot was part of their route. Been up that trail several times in winter and always plowed.

In one of the recent big snow years only part of the Beaver Brook lot was plowed out but still big enough for a dozen cars or so.

If you were to use Benton Trail the wide spot near the north end of tunnel brook road gets pushed back as well with room for several cars..interesting road walk from there past extensive Irene damage

WMNF Visitor Information Center says that the FS plows the Beaver Brook TH parking.
It is customarily plowed (bring $$$), last time I parked free at the Beaver Pond parking .3 away which was also plowed but isn't always

Ravine Lodge and Carriage Road there is usually a wide area by the gate but maybe not right after a storm