Interesting viewpoint on Mt. Tecumseh trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohamed Ellozy

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
On my many trips up Mt. Tecumseh I almost always use the Sossman Trail to reach the summit. Last November I decided, for a change, to go up by the Mt. Tecumseh Trail. Resting after a steep pitch I turned around and, through a small opening in the trees, saw

P1040615.JPG

Zooming in I saw that it was the plateau where several ski lifts meet and where the Schwendi Hütte is situated:

P1040617.JPG

I returned today and the opening is still there, with Sandwich Dome in the background:

DSC_0270.JPG

Zooming in on the Hütte and High Country ski lift:

DSC_0271.JPG

Today was a very hazy day, none of the pictures of more distant features turned out well :(

I really liked your first shot with what i assume were snow guns running. Looked like interesting clouds to me at first glimpse. Before and after, or then and now, shots are fun.

It was the snow making, rather than the "peek-a-boo view of Sandwich Dome", that initially attracted my attention. Since I usually go down from Mt. Tecumseh by a mixture of service road and ski slopes I am very familiar with the plateau on which the Schwendi Hütte is located, so I waited until I got a decent view of the Hütte.