Dehydrated food prices going up.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a email from Karst sports warning that dehydrated food prices were going to rise in a couple of weeks and to order now. Just to see if it was pushy marketing I googled around, and it appears that the government put a $1 billion order in and that Mountain House is a big supplier.

... and it appears that the government put a $1 billion order in and that Mountain House is a big supplier.

My first thought was "Wow, that'll fuel some conspiracy theories." After a quick search though, the only sites that reference that FEMA order (that I saw) are conspiracy type and that news appears to be about 1 1/2 years old. Not that it's a bad idea to have a supply. The drought will probably have a bigger impact on food prices now.

Well I feel stupid for googling and not filtering to news sources, but I didnt mention FEMA :) . Nonetheless, the Karst Sports email is accurate.

Isn't the food already dehydrated? :p:p:p:p:p:p

I'll be here all week!

Jay

Don't forget to tip your waitress! ;)

Speaking of which, I recently snagged a 10-pack of Mountain House dinners -- sampler pack of 3 different flavors, IIRC -- at Costco (of all places) for $39, which is a pretty decent savings from the $6.50-$8.00 pricing typically found at EMS/REI/Dick's/Sports Authority.

Had the Teriyaki Chicken and Rice (my fave) for dinner two weekends ago during a successful 2-day Pemi Loop. Yumbo! :D