Is there a map of Acadia with trail mileage distances on it?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Unstrung Harp

Reaction score
Anyone know of one? Hiked for 10 spectacular hours yesterday, starting pre-sunrise, and saw only three people (and one dog) on the trails! Just curious and trying to figure out how far I walked. :)

...Not to mention, totally floored that I haven't been able to find such a map yet online. Surely one exists...

I'm pretty sure the AMC's trail map of Acadia has mileage on it.

I love Acadia - we've gone a couple of time in October, after the crowds have gone and it's just stunning.

Last edited:
Yes, the map that I got with the AMC's "Discover Acadia National Park" has the mileage. This was the second edition bought a number of years back. I assume the new edition has a similar map.

but...I just checked Google Earth and if you have the "Parks/Recreation" layer checked you get the trails and mileage if you zoom in.
chipc

I have a National Geographic map (#212 for Acadia) that I got from EMS that has the mileage listed in the key, but not next to each trail. I know some people prefer the latter. It has all the road details in addition to foot paths. You also get Isla au Haut and the Schoodic Peninsula on the flip side, along with a larger road map of the area. All in all, I found the map to be plenty adequate.

I love the Map Adventures Acadia NP waterproof trail map. (I have the same brand for the White Mountains 4K's.) We got it at Cadillac Mountain Sports in Bar Harbor, but there is a website.