Passaconaway and Square Ledge

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summitseeker

Reaction score
Peaks: Passaconaway and Square Ledge

Trails: In: Oliverian Brook, Passaconaway Cut-Off, Square Ledge Trail, Walden Trail,
Out:Square Ledge Trail, Square Ledge Branch Trail, Oliverian Brook Trail

7-24-13: I met Hiker Ed, Becca Monroe, and Wolfgang at the trail junction of the Square Ledge and Passaconaway Cut-Off. Hiker Ed was checking off his final 52 with a view peak, Square Ledge, and encouraged me to do the same while at elevation. If I had planned to bag this peak I would have done this route in reverse order but it was a great hike nonetheless and it was a pleasure to be in such fine company for a little while. Thanks for the PBR present on my car Ed. :)

Trail Conditions: Some pretty significant mud and wet areas along the way. More so on the descent trails, Oliverian Brook past the Cut-Off more specifically. Some may want to apply bugspray prior to entering the lower, wetter trails but I have seen far worse.

Special Equipment Required:
Plenty of H20

Thanks again to Ed, Becca, and Wolfgang for a nice chat and the suggestion to check off Square Ledge while on trail.

Z :D