Elevation Gain for the 22-mile Tully Loop Trail?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The elevation gain makes for a pretty easy hike, but the challenging part would probably be avoiding all the short side trails that lead to nice views and waterfalls :) I remember a few places where the trail is a little hard to follow, too, plus a three-mile road walk. Very pretty area, though. I bet the foliage there right now would make it a nice hike.

Thanks Guthook. How's the overall terrain - easy? rocky? soft?

The terrain didn't stand out as anything overly difficult-- very similar to the Metacomet-Monadnock or Monadnock Sunapee Greenway, if you're familiar with those. Lots of rolling terrain in the forest, old woods roads, and some lowlands with swampy ground. I hiked it just once in April, so all of my knowledge comes from that. I did it in one day after a lazy winter, and was pretty beat by the end of the day. If I were to do it at the end of the summer, I bet I'd feel fine at the end of the day.

I hiked it as a day trip in spring of 2012. I'm surprised to hear that the total elevation gain is as much as you listed as it did not feel like that much. It was mostly rolling terrain. Occasionally steep but usually not. It was several smallish climbs and no really long hauls. I quite enjoyed the trail and thought it was a very manageable 20-miler.
-vegematic