Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: REI North Conway Grand Opening coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by bikehikeskifish View Post
    Really Expensive Inventory

Tim
    Ha ha. True. They also made it a PITA to redeem your dividend for cash because they want you to spend it in the store or otherwise hold your cash as long as possible in order to keep the interest on it.

Checked the Grand Opening yesterday. Very positive atmosphere all around. Great customer service. REI should prove to be an integral player for the MWV outdoor retail market going forward.
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Quote Originally Posted by NHClimber View Post
    Ha ha. True. They also made it a PITA to redeem your dividend for cash because they want you to spend it in the store or otherwise hold your cash as long as possible in order to keep the interest on it.
    True. Like I said one of a few important issues with buying and returning they have unlike many other places. To me they're like Cumberland Farms etc. Last resort while on the road for a quick fix. Now they're political as well. Not surprised now seeing the news from Oregon

KoKo Head Direct About 1024 Steps one way
    REI North Conway is making all the right moves to be a good corporate citizen of the MWV. Nice to see.

But the planned store in Bedford NH is not happening.

Read this article for the details....
    Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    Strange days indeed -- most peculiar, mama

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    REI North Conway is making all the right moves to be a good corporate citizen of the MWV. Nice to see.

[/URL]
    I was also impressed to see the amount of clothing products they are selling that are made from recycled material.
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

REI opened in Paramus, NJ. EMS closed shortly there after. Next Campmor and Ramsey Outdoor cut their inventory way back. REI has a huge footprint, but there are never any people in the store. What gives with the business model? Never saw many people in EMS either. Crowds were at Campmor.

Quote Originally Posted by rup View Post
    REI opened in Paramus, NJ. EMS closed shortly there after. Next Campmor and Ramsey Outdoor cut their inventory way back. REI has a huge footprint, but there are never any people in the store. What gives with the business model? Never saw many people in EMS either. Crowds were at Campmor.
    The REI's in my area are usually packed with people (Cranston, Hartford) pretty much every time I go. I go less often to the one in Natick but that one is usually insane. Surprised to hear the one in NJ is quiet. The EMS locations in my area definitely have light crowds.
    NH 48 4k: 48/48; NH W48k: 46/48; NY 46: 6/46