USFS Whites Forest Roads Status Updated Yesterday (28 Jun 05)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waumbek

Reaction score
Avatar: "World's Windiest Place" Stamp (5/27/06)
Everything is now listed as open except Jericho, Great Brook, Rocky Branch, and South Pond Roads, some with cautionary remarks on conditions and vehicle clearances. Pond of Safety Road (Jefferson NH) has also opened after washout repairs.

Last edited:
Jericho and Rocky Branch Roads?

Waumbek: where are Jericho and Rocky Branch Roads? I drove up what I believe is Jericho Road to the Rocky Branch trailhead a month ago with no issues whatsoever. Is that what they are referring to? If so, we had no issues or concerns.

SherpaKroto said:
Waumbek: where are Jericho and Rocky Branch Roads? I drove up what I believe is Jericho Road to the Rocky Branch trailhead a month ago with no issues whatsoever. Is that what they are referring to? If so, we had no issues or concerns.

SK--I'm not sure about Rocky Branch but Jericho Road is at the height of land on 116 in Easton. The trail from it, the Jericho Road Trail, leads up to Cooley and Cole Hills. (There used to be a little settlement called Jericho up there.) That road is always gated.

I always thought Rocky Branch Road was the one on the south side of Rocky Branch -- across the river from Jericho Road. It's a designated Forest Road -- FR (something or other), maybe FR 27?