Valley Way Tentsite

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donmagicwan

Reaction score
I'm planning on hiking Mt. Madison and Mt Adams this weekend. Does anyone know if the Valley Way tentsite gets crowded on the weekends? If so, are there any other options? Is it advisable to find my own spot off the trail somewhere?

donmagicwan said:
I'm planning on hiking Mt. Madison and Mt Adams this weekend. Does anyone know if the Valley Way tentsite gets crowded on the weekends? If so, are there any other options? Is it advisable to find my own spot off the trail somewhere?
I would try to get there as early as you can as it is one of the few legit camping spots in the area . You might consider the RMC cabins , Shletrs and tentplat forms such as the Perch . Seiing how you want to hike both Adams and Madison . Crag Camp is a good option you should find a place if you get ther bef ore 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

http://www.randolphmountainclub.org/

There are only two tent platforms at the VW campsite, so it does fill up. Get there early or be prepared to move on to the RMC sites.

-dave-

It's also not a particularly nice campsite - it's small, the privy is right in front of the platforms (visually and olafactorally), and I'm not even sure where the water source is.