All Points Transportation In Carrabassett Valley

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayTrip

Reaction score
Has anyone here used and/or would recommend All Points Transportation in the Carrabassett Valley area? Trying to plan a hike out that way and it looks like point to point is going to be the only option for my itinerary. They seem to be the only name popping up as an option in the area. Few basic questions since I've never used a shuttle service before:

1) Are the lead times insane for this? How far in advance would you suggest arranging a pick up/drop off? I realize how variable this probably is for a variety of reasons. Just curious what would be "typical".
2) Do you tip a shuttle service like a cab and if so what is a typical gratuity, i.e. 10%, 20%, etc.
3) Is the charge per trip or per person normally? I'll likely be alone but I might have a friend interested.

I emailed them and asked several questions but I'd prefer actual customer feedback if possible. If anyone has used this particular service in the area and has any feedback on them it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I wonder if its Guy Roy? I've used him before, July 4th, pickup at Sugarloaf and took us back to our start point on Rt4. $100 and I think we tipped him $20.

Looking at the website, I would say it is. He did the shuttling for MH&T.

I wonder if its Guy Roy? I've used him before, July 4th, pickup at Sugarloaf and took us back to our start point on Rt4. $100 and I think we tipped him $20.

Looking at the website, I would say it is. He did the shuttling for MH&T.
There was one other company in the area but it specifically highlighted being best for large groups so I didn't follow up. I'll be alone or possibly with one other person.