an electronic thermometer in my tent

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
for less than $10 I bought an electronic thermometer at kmart or walmart. it's smaller and lighter than a deck of cards, works on 1 AAA battery. it records highs and lows and has probably a 6 foot cord so it can record "inside" and "outside" temps. I ran the cord out the rear door panel last night and recorded a low outside of 41 and low inside the tent of 49. Definately not something I need, but I think it's neat.

That could come in handy

It would be helpful to use that during winter to see if you are using proper placement of your tent i.e. behind something to block wind. You can then work on improving tent placement if you are not getting good readings.

Rick said:
Sounds like a neat gadget. Can you keep the thermometer somewher warm to save attery life, while keeping the probe outside in below zero weather, with no false readings?
the body of the thing records "inside" temp, the wire/cord ends with a little metal tab that records "outside" temp. You could keep the body next to you and the wire on the outside of tent/backpack/whatever. I take the battery out and leave it in the tent between trips.