Driving golf balls on Mt. Washington

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmus

Reaction score
All hikers, be aware that the stupidiest guy and his wife can be on top of Mt. Washington, driving golf balls down in Tuckerman Ravine. Really. I saw them last saturday, I just regret I could'nt stop them.

So watch out !

Oh. My. God.

You can take the slicker out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the slicker......

Probably has NO clue whatsoever people even hike up there. Probably thinks its just for tourists up in a car or train. DUH

....like the kids I observed throwing rocks off the top of The Elephant onto Rt. 302 below, to which the parents repeatedly pleaded "do not do that," like you see parents do when their kids are just being kids in the grocery store......

Maybe I'm not as forgiving as I should be, but I just have no patience for people who do stupid things like that...I would've completely lost it and gone-off on the guy!

I can't help it, I'm a quarter Irish and its all temper :cool:

This guy sounds like a typical YUPPIE. Obviously he is self-centered and cares nothing about the environment or the safety of hikers. :mad: I'm just glad I didn't see him, I've got a short temper :mad: and probably would have thrown off the side of the mountain. Actually I'd have reported him to the forest rangers, which is what I hope someone did.

Let's all hope we've seen the last of this idiot. Tell him to stay home and watch Tiger Woods. :mad:

Boreal said:
I would've completely lost it and gone-off on the guy!

I wish it would have been you instead of me :( I just stood there, paralysed by the absurdity of the situation.

Some people think humans are above wilderness just because there is a road access to the summit, washrooms, gift shop and vending machines. Let's make them climb Huntington Ravine so they can learn some respect.

Timmus

When I was visiting the Kennicott Mines by McCarthy, AK, I was told by my friend a ranger had to go scold a couple who were hitting golf balls into the Kennecott Glacier.. :mad: maybe this was the same couple?

jay

Sounds like close relatives of the guy I heard about when I was in Aialik Bay,Alaska. The guy puts down a trail of Skittles all the way to his cabin,so he can take some close up photos of the bears. Then he writes all about it in the log book in the cabin-complete with his name(Doh!)
His photos ended up costing him several thousand dollars for fines and bear relocation.
What was he thinking? :confused: :mad:

isn't that blatant littering?

how can some idiot ranger keep taking apart the owl's head trail cairn and yet this fool gets to hit golfballs into the wilderness (i know, not officially wilderness) not only endangering people's safety and lives, but also littering?

the starchild said:

how can some idiot ranger keep taking apart the owl's head trail cairn and yet this fool gets to hit golfballs into the wilderness (i know, not officially wilderness) not only endangering people's safety and lives, but also littering?

Not to mention the danger of it all! That is a real darwin award canidate!

the starchild said:
technical point: the 59 acres surrounding the Mount Washington summit area is not under jurisdiction of the WMNF but rather is a New Hampshire state park (which I believe the state purchased from Dartmouth College who got it from Colonel Teague who owned the Cog Railway.)

If anyone sees this guy again, we should report him and make him go down there and fetch his golf balls back.