3,000 Miles and 1,000,000 feet - It's A Good Start, 6/30/2007 to 5/12/2012

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little confused with this one, but that's probably not surprising. What's your point?

I take this as some sort of performance comparison. It looks like you're comparing an old guy with a bad heart to a professional athlete.
It simply shows the top that is possible. It does not diminish your accomplishment.

You are certainly doing far more than I am these days...

Doug

Last edited:
Awesome accomplishment you two! It was great meeting you on the trails, and hope to see you again soon. Incredible stuff.....Now, if Sue could only make a snowman in August........

Petch

You both are an incredible duo! Congrats and may the trails go everlasting into the skies.

It simply shows the top that is possible.
Doug
Yeah, that was going to be my second guess.

:rolleyes:

Awesome accomplishment you two! It was great meeting you on the trails, and hope to see you again soon. Incredible stuff.....Now, if Sue could only make a snowman in August........

Petch
Thanks Petch,

You're a fun guy to hike with and it's always a treat to bump into you on the trail.

As far as I know, August and September are the only two months that still need a snowman from Sue. I've got some ideas.

;)

You both are an incredible duo! Congrats and may the trails go everlasting into the skies.
Thanks Clarke.

:)

Earl and Sue congratulations. I love reading your reports and I enjoyed my hikes with you and look forward to more. Keep me on your list.

Sleeveless

Tip of my ballcap to you. Quite an accomplishment. Congratulations.
Thanks.

Earl and Sue congratulations. I love reading your reports and I enjoyed my hikes with you and look forward to more. Keep me on your list.

Sleeveless
Thanks Sandy,

Whenever you hit a weekend without work commitments you can probably bet we’re hiking somewhere and there’s always room for more.

;)

Earl, that was a super nice heart warming story. One of the best I've read on this site. :)
Thanks Ed,

I really appreciate the comment. I’m very happy you and Lauky are in on part of the story. That was a really good day to The Twins and Galehead.

:cool:

Well done, guys! You two should be coming up on the grid finish pretty soon. I'll need advanced warning.
Thanks Paradox,

To add a little fun, we had saved a peak or two in each month to have a 12-consecutive month run of finishes this year. There was a bump in the road. On our last hike of February we were blown off the Northern Presidentials and need to go back to complete that hike, which will become our finisher. Unless something unfortunate happens, after some minor clean-up with the other months we’ll finish next February. For now, we’re cruising.

Hopefully, we’ll have a few friends joining us for the day.

Is this enough advance warning?

:D

Big Earl,

Congrats to both you and Trail Trotter Sue.

I look forward to reading your posts, they are very entertaining and sometimes I use them as inspiration for my own hikes.

I especially like the way you include the azimuths for your bushwacks. I used the Black Pond azimuth this winter.

I always get a good chuckle when I run into one of Sue's snowmen on the trail.

Good Luck and continued success in all your endeavors

Earl,
Always love to hear the story behind how people become interesting in hiking and yours and Sue's is one of the best. Congratulations to you both!

Donna:)
Thanks Donna.

Big Earl,
………..
I especially like the way you include the azimuths for your bushwacks. I used the Black Pond azimuth this winter.
………..
I try hard to actually provide useful, and hopefully helpful information in the trip reports.

Ex: Along with the azimuth details, I usually also include comments explaining the logic behind making the decision.

I’m not one of those that believe I’m always right and realize not everybody will make the same decision. That’s not important. The detail that I believe is important is the thought process. Providing insight to how I reached the conclusion might provide important additional points to consider that were previously overlooked. It isn't unusual for me to pick up on new details to consider in reading posted reports from others.

I think I agree with the majority of folks around here that seem to believe, to a degree, we’re all here to help each other.

;)