$349 for gas

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carole

Reaction score
"On Thursday, Warden's gas station was charging the same as stations in Lincoln: $349. But she said her station has smaller storage tanks, which have to be refilled more often, usually at higher rates."

Watch out for those gas prices.
;)

The trend I have noticed since fall is that Weir's Beach/Meredith have had the lowest prices from Route 11 and north, followed by Ashland. Then, the Conway area, followed by Lincoln. The new Cumbys near Weir's has almost consistently had the lowest prices around since they opened last year.

I just paid $4.12/gallon for diesel :eek: , $70 for 17 gallons :eek: :eek: , fortunately I do get 28mpg combined with that vehicle. It now costs about the same to run our 22mpg mini-van as it does my diesel car. It may be time to raid the local restaurants for their spent cooking oil. :rolleyes:

Chip said:
I just paid $4.12/gallon for diesel :eek: , $70 for 17 gallons :eek: :eek: , fortunately I do get 28mpg combined with that vehicle. It now costs about the same to run our 22mpg mini-van as it does my diesel car. It may be time to raid the local restaurants for their spent cooking oil. :rolleyes:
There is a garage here in Plymouth who is installing conversion kits for about $1000 to run cooking oil in your diesel at low temps.

Don't support the gougers!!!

I'm in Lincoln most weekends and Muncie's on main Street is consistently crazy high. I understand that this is a "THE KANC" but this past Sunday, Muncie in Lincoln was $3.49 and the Shell Station I stopped at in Manchester was $3.11.
I'm personally offended by this kind of business practice so I choose to vote with my feet. We can't control the price of oil on the world commodity market, but locally we can control our own spending habits.

Lincoln/Woodstock have had high gas prices for as long as I can remember. I always found the prices at the Irving station at Fabyan (near Bretton Woods) to be reasonable, and prices in Woodsville and Littleton are more reasonable. I don't agree with the news account that prices are higher the further north you go. That may be true to some extent, but Lincoln has always been high in my experience. Are the stations all owned/controlled by the same person/company?

I generally get my gas in Ashland (as I pass by on 93) or Twin Mountain. The prices at these places are a bit more reasonable than those in most of the tourist areas of the Whites.

Doug

I just filled up for $2.99
A Mobil staion called "Blueberry Station" on 28 in Barnstead.
Pretty sad when you are happy to see $2.99
Sounds like it's going to be a good year to put the car in storage and hike all summer! :D

Lincoln always has been really high, even for a tourist area (I think the prices in Conway, for example, are usually 5-10 cents cheaper). I always try and fill up just off the Tilton exit on 93 or the Hooksett exit opposite the Target - both consistently very cheap. I understand the small town gas station owner has to make a living but... so do I!

There was one point last summer or fall, I don't recall which, that Lincoln was cheaper than Conway/Meredith, and by 5-10 cents. Shocking!

Maybe you missed the 'humor'. The posted figure from the report was $349. not $3.49. :rolleyes: Oh, well I gotta fill up the tank now. :(

The gas in CA is always higher than most places. Currently I pay $3.67; seems to go up almost daily.

Chip said:
What'r you driving? a Liberty CRD? I have a VW Golf TDI and usually get about 44 MPG. 'Course, as you said DSL is now over $4 and I can still get RUL here in NJ for about $2.95. Hurts to pay a dollar more, but then again, driving a Diesel is a blast.

carole said:
Maybe you missed the 'humor'. The posted figure from the report was $349. not $3.49. :rolleyes: Oh, well I gotta fill up the tank now. :(

I read the article and noticed the misprint. Funny, because I know gas really won't be $349/gallon for a couple of years at least.

I paid $4+/gallon in Death Valley in 2006 so my $4 cherry is broken. I'm leaving tomorrow for Joshua Tree N.P. (and Vegas, WOO HOO!) where I'll be paying $4+/gallon again. It doesn't really bother me. I'm sure the money is going to a good cause.

bob

Rick said:
What'r you driving? a Liberty CRD? I have a VW Golf TDI and usually get about 44 MPG. 'Course, as you said DSL is now over $4 and I can still get RUL here in NJ for about $2.95. Hurts to pay a dollar more, but then again, driving a Diesel is a blast.

I was wondering the same thing and thought perhaps a diesel Mercedes?

I have a '97 Passat TDI and I am averaging 49.7 MPG since I bought it last Oct (I'm a numbers nut). I would have figured the Golf would do better than that. It does hurt fueling up, where it costs almost $70 for a tank, but I only do that once every 800 miles now.

My g/f and I were going to head to Canada for a vacation this summer, but with the decreasing exchange rate and increasing costs, we'll probably not go now.

Maybe I can convince her to go hiking for a week instead!

Last edited:
How do you like the Passat? This is my 3rd TDI(an '05). The newer Pump Dusse Engines have more horsepower and get a bit less fuel economy than the A3's/B4's or A4's, which is what I think you have. The newer restyled Jettas have even less economy. However, That's 44 MPG when driving 80-85 on my daily commute. Now, I wish I would have kept my 2000.
I tried to drive softly @ 65 for 700 miles (I keep spreadsheets of my fuel and maintenance since day 1) and got 50.5 - And a lot of angry stares.... :p

Last edited:
Chip said:

CT is brutal on gas prices. I was there yesterday and I could not get over how much more expensive gas was than in R.I.; not to say R.I. gas prices are cheap. I'm glad I had enough fumes to get over the border before I filled up.

$2.99 at Cumby's in Weir's Beach - made my trip to the Belknaps worthwhile!

Status
Not open for further replies.