4 Days, 10 Peaks, and a 48 Finish! 8.1.12-8.4.12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Summerset

Reaction score
Last summer, while working on the list, my son Cameron realized that he did not have any of the peaks on the Pemi Loop and asked if he could finish his list with a 4 day Pemi Loop backpack to finish on Bondcliff. I didn't think too much about it, but said if that's what he wanted to do, then we'd see if we could make that happen. This spring, he had 24 peaks done, leaving 24 to go. We've been pretty diligent about getting out there and bagging 14, to leave him with the last ten: Flume, Liberty, Lincoln, Lafayette, Garfield, Galehead, South Twin, West Bond, Bond and Bondcliff.

We packed up last Wednesday, and the 11 year old and I were off to Lincoln Woods to start our adventure. Here are some of the photos and highlights, there's a link to the entire story and more at the end.

Flume is scary! Not really, but the clouds don't help!
IMG_1538a.jpg

Liberty, but you wouldn't know it!
IMG_1539a.jpg

Liberty Spring camp site, nice and peaceful, now.
IMG_1541.JPG

Bear box the next morning, after the bear had a little fun with it. The bear actually sniffed our tent first, and then moved on to check out the rest of the camp before finally being shooed away by the rest of the camp.
IMG_1542a.jpg

On Lincoln, #41 for Cameron
IMG_1548a.jpg

Later in the day, on Garfield, with the ridge we'd already hiked behind us.
IMG_1556a.jpg

On South Twin, the next day.
IMG_1578.JPG

Day four, on West Bond, with Bondcliff in the background.
IMG_1581a.jpg

On Bond, almost to the finish!
IMG_1593.JPG

#48, Bondcliff!
IMG_1598a.jpg

Our toliet paper sign, the only paper we had. We borrowed a marker at Galehead Hut and made the sign before we left.
IMG_1600.JPGg

Classic Bondcliff photo.
IMG_1603a.jpg

We were blessed with a great trip, fantastic weather and nice finish! More pictures and all the details can be found on our blog, here.

Last edited:
Well done, Cameron. Great finish picture on Bondcliff. Congratulations!!

Congrats to Cameron! Finishing the 48 at such a young age is an amazing achievement! What will he do next? This story had fog, bears, toilet paper signs and of course a 48 finish...totally awesome!

AWESOME....YES, MOST AWESOME.
A hearty congratulations to this young lad. :cool:

Thanks everyone!

Gritter - He's got all sorts of ideas for the next big thing. He wants to back out for another backpacking trip before the school year starts, but has got his eye on the Long Trail for next summer. That would take care of the Vermont 4Ks!

re finishing

Great job!!! Brings back such nice memories of hiking with my kids. Hope you keep on hiking, and hiking, and hiking, :eek: